There are many ideas that are given about which healthy snack to eat or which meal recipe is delicious and healthy, the fact of the matter is that when you decide to eat healthy, you will build muscles fast and you will get ever closer to get that hard-body appearance that we all desire.
The other benefits of exercising and eating healthy are; our health will improve over the long run. This article, I am going to share with you some good, healthy food hints but in a different point of view.
The main area that we are going to hit is what we stock our cabinets and refrigerators with.
Here is some food for thought on how to build muscles fast. Remember that if you don’t have sweets or other food products that are high in sugars, you will not eat these products because they will not be in any position to tempt you.
The more you have nutritious foods that surrounds you, the more you are in the right position to make good food choices. The hardest part of making a change in your diet is when your body is trying to make it through without the sugars.
It all comes down to how bad you really want the body of your dreams. When you take that trip to the grocery store and when that temptation comes that you want to buy that candy bar or other sweets, remember that goal you have set to become healthy and fit.
We hear every day about how we need to eat fruits and vegetables, but in this article you are in for a surprise about what I am going to tell you!
Here is the first area that we are going to target and that is the refrigerator:
Every week, I make sure that I stock up on fruits and vegetables of all sorts of varieties. It is during the growing season that I get my produce from farmer’s markets where the fruits and veggies are grown fresh and locally, but when winter comes along, I resort to the produce section of the grocery store.
I love eggs so much that I make sure that I buy lots of veggies such as; onions, zucchini, spinach, fresh mushroom, broccoli, red and yellow bell peppers, for starters, in my omelet.
For the protein portion of the meal, add some lean chicken meat, turkey or grass-fed bison sausage along with some goat, swiss, or jack cheeses. This is a great way start off your day with a healthy meal to fuel your body and shed that un-wanted weight.
This food product has received a lot of attention and criticism because of its high cholesterol content, but let me tell you that eating WHOLE eggs and not egg WHITES is the best way to get the most nutrition.
When you leave out the yolk, you are leaving out the best and the most nutritious part of the egg out. The cholesterol content that is in the egg yolk is not bad for you in any way, but it actually raises your good cholesterol! I tried to eat egg whites and found them to be very disgusting.
Treat yourself to a drink of coconut milk or mixed it in with other foods for a taste that will rock your world! Some of you who are reading this article may think that coconut milk is high in saturated fat, but here is where I am going to through you in for a loop.
Foods that contain good saturated fats are beneficial for a healthy immune system. It is the bad saturated fats that you will want to stay away from.
Eat a variety of nuts: If possible, try to eat nuts when they are raw, because when you roast them, those lose the polyunsaturated fats that are contained on them.
Eat yogurt, ricotta or cottage cheese: Mix up your meal a little by adding some nuts and berries; doing this will make a great snack whenever you feel the urge to eat.
Here are some other ideas and suggestions that I am going to throw out to you:
· Get creative with your own styles of salsa.
· Eat Avocados because of their good, healthy fats and fiber.
· Don’t avoid the butter. Using butter is a great way to give flavor to your foods as long as you use it in moderation. Stay away from margarines.
· It is OK to eat all sorts of nut butters for their high range of vitamins and minerals.
· Eat grain based foods especially rice brans since it is loaded with all sorts of vitamins and minerals. Rice is mainly frowned upon because of its starch content, but it is vital to keep on fueling your body, so use rice and mix it in yogurts and other foods.
And now for the Freezer:
Berries: Get a variety of frozen berries to snack on and add to your meals.
Frozen fish, ground beef and chicken meats: Eating from these food sources provide excellent sources of protein to help build muscle and burn the fat.
Eat those veggies! As with fruits, veggies are an excellent source of fuel to keep your body going because of its high vitamin content. When the growing season is coming to an end, go to the grocery store and stock up on frozen veggies.
And finally, the food in the cabinets:
In this category, I am going to make a list of some important foods and products that are essential for healthy eating and a way to build muscles fast. And they are:
1. Drink tea
2. Eat oatmeal. I have had great success in losing weight when I decided to eat oatmeal every morning for 7 days. I had lost 10 lbs. in one week!
3. Buy healthy cooking oils such as virgin coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil.
4. Purchase cans of coconut milk.
5. Cans of tomato sauce.
6. Liquid or powdered stevia. This is a great alternative to regular sugar. My wife just recently purchased a juicer from amazon; after the pulp is separated from the juices, I would take the stevia and pour it on the pulp for a delicious treat.
7. Purchase honey that is raw.
8. For those who have a sweet tooth and do not want to give up the sweets; purchase organic unsweetened cocoa powder and mix it into your smoothies and dark chocolate for its antioxidant properties.
9. Do not neglect the kidney or black beans. If its fiber that you want, then eat these types of beans.